What you need:
- 5 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp matcha powder ( or more)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essense
- 1/2 cup milk
How to make:
- Heat the oven to 180 C
- Butter and line your cake tin with parchment paper
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and matcha.
- Beat the butter until soft. Add sugar and beat further till fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and combine. Add the vanilla.
- Add the powder mix and milk alternatively and gently combine.
- Pour batter in cake tin and bake for 25-30 mins until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for at least 15 mins before taking out.
- Decorate with chocolate ganache (recipes below) on top or slice the cake through the center and layer with some ganache in between.
To prepare the chocolate ganache:
- Heat the 200 gms of broken dark chocolate and 200 gms cream ( Amul) over a double boiler till melted and combined.
- Add 2 tbsp of salted butter.
- Use as required.